OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions (these “Terms”) contain the terms and conditions on which we supply content, products or services listed on www.akanista.com (the “Websites”). Please read these terms and conditions, carefully before ordering any Services from the Website.
While attending any Akanista Mindfulness (AM), courses, retreats, private sessions and any other events, your well-being and safety is important to us. The team is here to facilitate only. We ask you to monitor your own physical and emotional wellbeing during our events. If at any time during the event you become distressed and emotionally overwhelmed, we ask you to immediately inform one of the facilitators and leave the room if necessary. By attending any of our events, you agree by the below statements:
- I am participating in Akanista Mindfulness Retreat event (course/ retreat) of my own free will and accept total responsibility for my physical and emotional wellbeing at all times. I am in good state of emotional, mental and physical health. I am fully responsible for all the emotions that I bring to any of the events.
- I am not under the influence of any drugs, medication or alcohol. If I am taking medication, I declare that I have been seen by a medical practitioner and have been advised that my participation in Akanista Mindfulness Meditation Retreat/ event, will not cause me harm in any way (to myself or anyone else).
- AM Retreats are not a substitute for psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, and treatment of any type. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified mental health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or mental disorder. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on our site, articles, email or during any of our events.
- I take full responsibility for seeking medical treatment, counselling or psychotherapy at my own cost for any emotional issues that arise during or after the event.
- We are all here to learn more about holistic healing together as a team, and we will encourage each other to create an environment conducive to learn. To have a constructive and useful outcome to our events (classes/ retreats), I will work with the group to achieve that.
- I will do my best to be honest and true to self and others. I will be non-judgmental when commenting respect my own and other experiences, needs and priorities and expect the same in return. I will do my best to avoid using humour (especially sarcasm) in a manner that belittles another participant.
- I will express any issues or concerns that I have about the event (course/ retreat), content or processes to the team members rather than keeping silent or only talking to others on breaks.
- The personal feelings expressed by others in the event (course/ retreat) are kept in confidence. It is crucial that you maintain the confidentiality hence:
- Any information that is discussed by the group is kept private and confidential specially the name of the person.
- I will not directly or indirectly communicate or disclose in writing or orally or in any other manner, any information that is stated by another member of the group during or after the event.
- I will always talk from the first person from ‘I and my’ during sharing experience and discussion.
- I understand that during the event, there may be loud music, brightness of light may vary, video displays and may be encouraged to participate or share your experience.
- If a team member asks me to leave the room, I will do so immediately without questions, discussions or dispute.
- I am not a member of the press and I will not make visual or auditory recordings or reproductions of any of AM Retreat material presented in or associated with AM events. (unless authorised by AM in advance).
- I will use the information presented during this event to assist me in creating change in my life and for no other purpose and I am responsible for decisions made or action taken to implement such information, mentoring or guidance.
- If food is provided during any of AMMR events or associated AMMR events is complimentary. If you are on special diet please inform the team member in advance or bring your own food. Participants concerned with food allergies need to be aware of this risk. We will not assume any liability for adverse reaction to foods consumed or items one may come in contact with food we provide.
- AM may contact you by mail, email, telephone, SMS or via the internet in relation to the events, products or services in which you may be interested. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, please write to us. We will not give your personal data to any other third party without your prior consent.
Health & Safety Disclaimer
The following applies for AM and Akanista partners including Woodland Yoga
- All clients must fill in our health questionnaire accurately before participation in the retreat. This must also be kept up to date of any changes to the answers.
- Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any exercise program or making a lifestyle change – especially if you are overweight, pregnant, nursing, regularly taking medications, or have any existing medical conditions. Please first consult a medical professional if you are at all unsure that our services are unsuitable for you.
- The content on the retreat may involve strenuous exercise. Stop exercising and seek medical advice if you feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded or if you experience any discomfort. Only you can monitor your condition during your workout. You are responsible for exercising within your limits and seeking attention and advice as appropriate. Never force or strain. Remember, ultimately, your health is your responsibility and you participate at your own risk.
- Akanista Mindfulness and Woodland yoga are not responsible for injuries to any persons or damages/loss of property whilst at the retreat, and do not accept liability for these unfortunate occurrences; you are encouraged to help maintain a harmonious atmosphere whilst at the retreat, be respectful of everyone else’s needs and compassionate to yourself and others; we hope you have a beautiful time with us.
Booking & payments
Payments for all events are to be made in advance at least two weeks before the event. Cash payment is accepted provided you will make the payment to one of the team member in our central London or woodland Yoga in Hertfordshire location. Otherwise full payment for the event is required to be transferred to the following bank details to make your booking.
For bank transfers our details are:
Account name: Mr Karuna Priya
Sort code: 30-98-71
Account number: 31679668
Once the transfer is made for the full amount please email info@akanista for confirmation.
We reserve the right to cancel the retreat up to a month before its date, and if so you will be fully refunded for your deposit or fee.
Amendments or cancellations
In case of cancellation please note that you will be charged £50 admin fee. Remaining refunding amount will depend upon the date of cancellation notification.
Fees for cancellations/reductions in numbers are calculated as detailed below are based on the total value of the confirmed bookings for the retreats.
Period of Notice Cancellation Fee
- 31 days + full refund is given
- No refund less than 30 days unless we can fill in the space
Since we cannot be liable for any accidents or injuries or damages to property which occur during your stay at one of our retreats, we recommend that you take a travel insurance for your trip.
We are not liable for any travelling delay, strikes, lost baggage or injuries, or damages of any kind. Insurances are not included in the price you pay.
Our teachers are fully insured and qualified to teach Mindfulness Meditation, Yoga and to facilitate group or individual workshops.
The insurance policy is solely confined to the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
Changes to our terms & conditions policy
Accommodation during the retreat
The accommodation will be based on first come first served and will be on shared room basis. There may be a single room available at a premium price but limited.
We are not a travel agency and cannot guarantee a type of room that suits your absolute preferences but we will do our very best to do so.
You’ll be served vegetarian meals during our retreats three times a day.
Please inform us of any dietary requirements and allergies beforehand, when booking for the retreat. We can provide vegan and gluten free dietary if needed; however anything more complex it would be your responsibility to bring food for the weekend – for weekend retreat.
The package price for the entire retreat includes the entire program tuition (Mindfulness, yoga and workshops lectures when appropriate), all meals, and accommodation for the entire duration of the retreat.
The price does not include transportation and transfers to and from the retreat as well as travel insurances of any kind.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this terms and conditions are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This terms and conditions is effective and was last updated on November 2017.